I made this plugin for future use with some new 'surf' maps I intend to make.however, this plugin isn't limited to surf modes and may find use with other (or inspire new) modes as well.It allows players to 'own' and receive kill credit from >trigger_hurt map brushes.< ('traps')when a player is killed in a trap owned by another player:
- the traps' owner, sawblade icon and victim will be shown in the KillFeed
- the victim will be forced to gib
- score will be added to the trap's owner
- FreezeCam will zoom to the trap's owner
- Regardless of the trigger_hurt's damage type set by the map maker, all trap damage is forced as sawblade and players will be forced to gib.this is unavoidable (and unrealistic if your trap doesn't involve a sawblade) but it's used to distinguish a trap kill from a weapon-based kill.
- While testing, I couldn't seem to get a trigger_hurt brush to destroy engineer buildings and therefore, could not capture the "object_destroyed" events properly. it is for this reason, all engineer buildings destroyed in a brush will not be credited to the trap's owner, score will not be added and the KillFeed will show normally.
Wyświetl pełny artykuł