This plugin will remain under development on an as-needed basis.
This plugin adds event trigger support to your custom maps.NOTE: Currently, this plugin only supports triggers for voicemenu commands and sudden death events.I plan on adding more triggers in the future as the need arises or if someone requests a specific trigger.How to use:
- Download the attached (zipped) trigger_brush FGD file, place it in your SourceSDK folder with the other FGD files
- Import the FGD file into hammer
- Create a trigger_brush brush-based entity
- Name said brush to "voicemenu X Y">> the name of this brush indicates which voicemenu command the map will listen for.>> for a list of voicecommands, see here>> please note that you need to subtract 1 from the above list's indicies;>> (Calling medic is "voicemenu 0 0", NOT "voicemenu 1 1" [that's for "incomming"])
- Wire up your trigger's USE output however you want.>> Now whenever someone uses the specified voicemenu command,>>>> the trigger_brush's USE output should fire and whatever event you desire will occur.>> the !activator IS passed to the triggered I/O chain, should you need it to; this allows you to filter your inputs too!
For a demo, Please see the attached zip file for VMF & BSP map.in the demo, a Medic bot should spawn whenever a BLU player calls for a medic; nothing will happen if a RED player calls for a medic as the trigger is filtered by team.(demo requires sv_cheats 1
and depending on server team balance settings, the medic might be RED)Important Notes:
The attached FGD file enables you to use trigger_brush
entity. this entity is SOLID with no way to make it non-solid.it's best to put it somewhere where nothing could collide with it (or cleverly texture it into part of your map, I don't care.)Also, if you name your trigger_brush to one of the following below, the game engine itself will automatically trigger these events (this plugin does not trigger them)
- game_playerdie Fires whenever a player dies. The person who dies is the !activator
- game_playerkill Fires whenever a player kills another player. (game_playerdie also fires) The person who killed the player is the !activator
- game_playerjoin Fires whenever a player joins the game. The person who joined is the !activator
- game_playerspawn Fires whenever a player spawns. The person who spawned is the !activator
- game_playerleave Fires whenever a player leaves the game. The person who left is the !activator
Here's some ideas and possibilites this plugin could add to your maps:
- spawn engineer buildings when someone says to
- payload maps could "switch" tracks depending on voicemenu "go left" "go right"
- payload maps could start/stop the cart on voicemenu "go" or "no"
- lock/unlock doors in sudden death (maybe even remove spawn walls?)
...the possibilities are endless. History:0.2 - 19 Oct 2012
- Added support for Sudden Death events>> teamplay_suddendeath_begin
Fires when sudden death begins>> teamplay_suddendeath_end
Fires when sudden death ends>>>> These triggers can be used to change the map layout, un/lock doors, maybe even destroy that wall between spawns... it's up to you 0.1 - 19 Oct 2012
- Inital release, only supports voicemenu commands Attached Files Get Plugin
or Get Source
(triggerhappy.sp - 2.1 KB) TriggerHappyTest.zip
(7.1 KB) trigger_brush.zip
Wyświetl pełny artykuł